How To Apply Motor Headz Ceramic Coating?
The process of applying Motor Headz ceramic coating is indeed simple. The application process is completely straightforward and hassle-free. Before applying nano-coating, you have to make the car/ Motorcycle surface free from mud, dirt, and stains, which applies to even all brand-new vehicles. We recommend you do paint correction if necessary. In other words, the paint needs to be free from minor scratches and swirl marks before applying the coating. After washing, let it dry. The ideal MotorHeadz coating condition is 15-30 degrees Celsius. The ceramic coating will add a sacrificial hydrophobic layer above your paint surface.
- Do not apply under direct sunlight or on hot surfaces.
- Do not reuse the applicators available with the kit.
- The towel you used to buff off the coating should not be used on painting.
- Please wear hand protection while applying.
- Wear a painter's mask or a Towel to avoid consuming any harmful substances
Applying The Ceramic Coating
Unbox the motor headz ceramic coating kit and wrap the provided cloth over the sponge. Please do not use the applicator without covering it with the fabric first.
1. Make Sure Your Vehicle Is Completely Clean
Wash your vehicle thoroughly and let it dry. It is crucial to clean your vehicle surface from all contaminations before applying the ceramic coating. Feel free to use any one of your favourite car shampoos for washing. After washing, let it dry. The ideal conditions to apply the coating are 15- 30 degrees Celsius.
2. Applying The Coating To The Surface
Don’t apply to a broad or too big area. Divide your surface into small parts and spread across paint in a criss-cross pattern of approximately 50 cm x 50 cm. Now, wait for about 1 to 2 minutes, depending on the temperature. If the temperature is high, you need to wipe it off faster; otherwise, give it 2 minutes to bond with the paint surface.
3. Buff Off The Applied Part With a Microfiber Cloth
Buff softly, Don’t put pressure to remove the coating. Just a little effort to remove those hazy or oily marks. Be sure to remove all excess residue, and only then do you move to the next section. Make sure that no oily, hazy marks remain on the surface. Now apply the remaining parts with the same process. You have to repeat this process step by step on the whole car.
Once you start the coating process, make sure to finish it on the entire vehicle and also make sure to change the applicator towel side and microfiber towel from time to time or layer by layer. It’s recommended to add two layers of ceramic coating to last longer. Please don’t use your vehicle for the next 48 hours, and don’t wash it for the next seven days. Enjoy your brand new looking vehicle! If you have not yet purchased the ceramic coating, buy it from the official website.Team MotorHeadz
- During the application, the temperature should not exceed 30 degrees Celsius. If your place temperature is above 30 Degree Celcius, consider using the coating after 5 PM. So the layer gets a curing time of at least 12 hours at lower temperatures.
- The applicator pad should be wet with ceramic coating when applying. First, pour 10-15 drops into the applicator to wet it.
- Use the microfiber cloth to wipe out the excess liquid. The surface shouldn’t have any oily, hazy marks after wiping. If any spots are left on the paint surface after wiping, they will be there after curing time. Then you have to use a rubbing compound to remove these marks.
- Do not apply the coating right under direct sunlight or in a dusty area. Ensure that the ceramic-coated surface is free from dust for the first 48 hours. If you live in a room with a lot of dust, cover the vehicle with something. Make sure that it will not contact the ceramic-coated surface.
- Don’t test the water-repelling effect just after applying the coating. You have to wait 48 hours for the coat to bond with the surface. Also, Do not use your vehicle for the next 48 hours and don’t wash it for the next seven days.
MOTOR HEADZ COATING AFTERCARE AND MAINTENANCE
Aftercare and maintenance of a coated vehicle are much easier because you don’t have to frequently clay, polish or wax the paint to keep it protected from the elements. However, it is essential to note that no ceramic coating is bulletproof, and the finish will begin to degrade if neglected or improperly cared for. We recommend:
- Wash your vehicle weekly to avoid excessive contamination build-up.
- Do not wash under direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
- Start cleaning from top to bottom, leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross-contamination.
- Use the “two buckets” method – one bucket for rinsing your sponge/mitt and one for soapy water.
- Use different soap and sponge/mitt for wheels.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can you apply wax over the ceramic coating?
There’s no need to use wax after applying the coating. Motor Headz ceramic coating has all the benefits of wax and a lot extra.
- Do you have to reapply the coating after each car wash?
No. Our product is not wax. It can last 2-5 years. So just the one coating is fine.
- Can I drive my vehicle while the applied coating is drying?
No, dirt or other contaminants will stick to the vehicle if you drive the car or Motorcycle within 24 hours. Using a detailer, it’s tough to remove these contaminants without rubbing or sanding. So, we recommend allowing your vehicle to dry for at least 48 hours without interruption.